Yo Soy...: Perspectives on Queer Latinidad. Tuesday, October 9.
Latin@ Heritage Month, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
The Coalition for Queer People of Color (CQPoC), MESA/Trotter, and the Center for Campus Involvement invite you to celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, and queer Latino/a identity in honor of Latino/a Heritage Month! The evening will begin with a photo gallery viewing of brave Latino/a LGBTQQ or similarly identifying people and allies expressing this intersection of identities and end with a dynamic panel discussion. The panelists will be discussing their experiences living, teaching, and researching Queer Latinidad.
* Larry La Fountain-Stokes, Director of Latino/a Studies;
* Isabel Millan, PhD candidate in American Culture;
* Anthony Mora, Latino/a Studies Associate Professor;
* Ramiro Alvarez Cabriales, Undergraduate Member-at-Large for the CQPoC;
* Elise Hernandez, Joint Social Work & Developmental Psychology;
* Jose Bauermeister, M.P.H., Ph.D, Director of SexLab.
The series will be on display the day before the actual event. Viewing on the day of starts at 6:30pm, panel discussion starts at 7:00pm; the entire event will take place in the Art Lounge of the Michigan Union (1st floor, near State St. entrance). **If you are someone that identifies or similarly identifies as a Latino/a ally or Latino/a & LGBTQQ then you have the opportunity of modeling for the photo series! Simply contact Ramiro Alvarez Cabriales (firstname.lastname@example.org) before October 6th for more details. 6:30-8:30pm, Art Lounge of the Michigan Union (1st floor, near State St. entrance).